Have you ever wanted to begin budgeting but weren't sure what the first step should be? In this video, I'll show you how to use the Excel Personal Monthly Budget Template to get started.
Click here for the video: Start Budgeting with the Excel Personal Monthly Budget Template
Here are a few helpful features that I like:
1. It has "Projected" and "Actual" columns to give you side-by-side comparison of your monthly spending goals vs. habits
2. You can use the equation feature in Excel to add up expenses as you go
3. You can save multiple copies with your "Projected" amounts so that you can start fresh each month with your new "Actual" figures
4. It gives you a good starting point in a ready-made format
5. It is fully customizable
6. It tracks your expenses and your net income as you go
There are so many other good budgeting tools and resources out there, so much so that it can be frustrating to try to choose one. This Excel template is certainly not the only one, and you might find that it isn't the best option for you. That's okay! The idea is that you can have something functional and accessible to get you started, and you can go from there. As you gain more experience with your budgeting needs and goals, you'll get a better idea of what resources to look for.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know if the Excel template helped you get budgeting!